WHEN FIRE LOVES WATER

Is it the sun that sets in your heart 
or the moon that rises on your foot
that flames this heart of mine
with love and emotions...

Your smile dazzles 
like a silver lining in the blue sky 
and your laughter
a lyric to tame a wild heart...

At your sight I wallow in thoughts, 
has – Orisha Oshun the goddess of beauty and love 
descended in human flesh or just nature in her perfection?..

Every king deserves a queen
for a queen maketh a complete king
take my hand and lets build our own kingdom of love...



I’m not content with loving you from afar
I must tell you the truth…

Darling, your words are magic 
Your voice is music
Your laughter; colors of the rainbow
A healing for the soul
Solace to my Spirit...

The sky today is a soothsayer
Prophesying our love like the second coming of the Messiah
Yet, you toss my feelings aside like a coin, worthless, useless and ripped of value
You lust over promiscuous riches 
And refute my roses like a dirge denied of a tombstone
Shall I trade my love for riches?..

The housefly that follows the corpse to an early grave
Is mocked by its peers
Drunk on palm wine
Boasting of superior intellect
You'll also laugh until it happens to you
Love is the folly; that pushes the housefly to the grave...


I’m Fire
She is Water
She is dangerous to my health
Yet I seek her out
For without her, I die from longing
And yet in her presence, I die at her hand
Truly, the universe turns differently
When fire loves water...

I am Rasgony TheAlpha


Comments

Popular Posts